Wednesday, April 9, 2008

10 Ways to Help Kids Love Missions

This post at the Desiring God Blog is near and dear to my heart. The 10 suggestions are practical and easy and are sure to have a lasting effect on your children, or yourself, if you don't have kids.

I especially like #6. Which one is your favorite? Are there other things that you have done with your children that could be added to this list?

I might add #11, take a short term mission trip as a family. This might be quite expensive, but a person wouldn't have to go half way around the world to do this. I know that my aunt and uncle took my cousins on mission trips with their church to Mexico starting when they were relatively young. Praise God for all of our little future missionaries!

1 comment:

Johnny and Alisha said...

It is hard to say which is my favorite. I really like #2 and #8. Biographies can be so powerful. I also think it is so important that our children don't just see life as this affluent, relatively easy American life. Most of the world is quite different. Indeed, the history of the world has been quite different. Your #11 is a great way to help with #8.