Friday, December 26, 2008

East Asia Update #3

Yesterday was a great day. After I left the internet bar, I bought some red tea at a little shop. As I left, I said, "Merry Christmas" to the lady working there. As I walked out the door, I stopped and went back in and asked her if she knew why we have Christmas. She didn't know so I told her that it is someones birthday that is very important. I asked if she knew who and she didn't. I was able to tell her that it is JC's birthday and that he was the Father's one and only son. Then, I handed her a little book explaining the good news. I can only ask the Father to help her understand the good news. There are so many opportunities like this here in East Asia.

We had a good Christmas day with S&J and had pancakes for breakfast and opened some presents. We gave them an ESV Study Bible that we hope will help them in their own spiritual life as well as help them prepare lessons for their work here. It was nice to spend Christmas day with Laurel's parents.

Later in the afternoon, we went to dinner with the team here. We had some great Chinese food including some delicious dumplings. You know that it is a good day when a person can eat dumplings for breakfast and supper!

We went to another Christmas party last night. Both of us were able to meet people that we made appointments to meet with later. That was my prayer and goal and the Father was faithful.

Laurel and I met with Annie Tracy this afternoon and were able to share the whole good news with her. She did not believe, but she agreed to read the good book. We will give her contact information to a member of S&J's team. It is a sad reality that so many people here do not even believe that the Father exists. She really doesn't believe that He exists. Please join us in praying that as she reads the Word, that the Spirit would give life to her dead heart.

We are having a party with all brothers and sisters tonight. It will be fun getting to know some of the people that S&J have been telling us about.

Tomorrow, Laurel and I will be meeting Stephen. We will be praying for an opportunity to share the news with him too. His grandparents are both believers, so that should give us a starting point. His English is pretty limited, so we will need to use a lot of Chinese to share the news and explain things. Please pray for this meeting. He is going to help me buy some tea, and then Lord willing, we will find a place to chat. Pray that the Spirit would go ahead of us and be preparing his heart to hear the news.

Things continue to go well here. It is a blessing to be here, even if our time is really limited. I hope that everyone had a merry Christmas. Thank all of you so much for your prayers. I will update again as soon as I can.

No comments: