Monday, December 15, 2008

Goon of the Year


Lord willing, I am quickly approaching my last semester of seminary. I am taking a class this December and then four in the spring. Baring any complications, I will graduate with a Master of Arts in Missiology degree in May. I surely won't win any awards for my academic greatness, or my astronomical GPA, but if Dr. Mohler handed out awards for goons, I would be Summa Cum Zoom.

Case in point. Today was the first day of my December class. I checked the schedule before I left to make sure I knew the correct room number. The schedule said Norton 102, so that is where I headed. There was an accident on I65 northbound so I was nervous about not getting a seat next to an outlet so I could plug my laptop in. Nevertheless, I made it to room 102 at 7:45, a good 15 minutes before class.

When I arrived, the room was empty and dark which seemed strange, so I didn't go in. I sat outside, ate a bananna that Laurel packed for me and waited until I saw the professor. About 5 minutes till 8 some guys showed up and asked if I was waiting for the Reformation class. I was like, "Naw, I'm waiting for the leadership class." One of them pulled out the syllabus from their class and sure enough it said that the Reformation class was meeting in Norton 102.

"OK, this stinks," I thought, "Now I am going to have to talk to people and try to find out where my class is." So, like a freshman on the first day of high school, I went room to room asking if the Leadership class was meeting there. Eventually, I went to every room on the hall and asked several students if they knew where the class was meeting. No luck.

I even went upstairs to see if I could find the room. The only thing up there was New Testament II (a class I wish I was taking during the winter term) and some PhD. looking group. So, as a last resort, I went to the main office of the Graham School. A girl I know was working there and I asked her if she knew where the class was meeting.

She didn't know anything about the class but another lady offered to look the information up on her computer. She found the class, and interestingly enough, the computer confirmed that the class was meeting in Norton 102. I thought, "This is going to suck if they canceled the class without telling me."

Then, she called the professor's office to ask if they knew where the class was meeting. The person on the other end said, "I didn't know that he had a class today." Now, I started to wonder what in the world was going on. The was mucho weirdo. Everyone involved was puzzled until the lady on the phone looked at her computer a little closer.

She got this strange look on her face and then said, "Wait, Dr. Armstrong's class doesn't meet until JANUARY 15th!"

Ladies and gentlemen, today I solidified my position as the biggest goon at Southern Seminary.

1 comment:

Russell Byers said...

Smooth move brother, really...smooth. Maybe in a month the teacher will give you credit for being early.